- Each year, Sdok Kok Thom temple is the scene of a fantastic sound and light show that depicts the inscription stone's creation, the Khmer kings and the modern refugee crisis. Great music, dancing and drama. Click to see the show!
- John Burgess spoke on 30 March 2011 at the Asia Society in Washington D.C., focusing on Preah Vihear and the conflict between Cambodia and Thailand. Also speaking were Mr. Sos Kem, former director of the Khmer Service of Radio Free Asia, and Dr. Thitinan Pongsudhirak, associate professor at the Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University.
- Burgess spoke about "Stories in Stone" and Khmer history at California State University Sacramento on 28 January 2011, and at the University of California Berkeley on 31 January.
- The European launch of "Stories in Stone" took place at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London on 22 October 2010. The event was part of a Khmer Symposium hosted by the History of Art and Archaeology Department. John Burgess spoke about the research and writing of the book. Other speakers were Professor Claude Jacques, the foremost expert on Khmer inscriptions, and Dr. Peter D. Sharrock, who described the restoration of the Banteay Chhmar complex by the Global Heritage Fund.
- Burgess spoke at the School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University, in Washington, D.C. on 6 October 2010.
- The Cambodia launch took place in Phnom Penh at Monument Books on 19 August 2010.
- The Thailand launch took place at the Siam Society in Bangkok on 10 August 2010. Burgess also spoke at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand, on 11 August 2010.